Front End Developer
My professional interests include emerging web technologies such as React and ECMAScript 2015/16/17 and functional programming. My hobbies include playing music and coding passion projects.
- Expert Level in HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap 3, jQuery, Sass & Stylus
- Working knowledge of React, Vue.js and the MEAN stack (Mongo, Express, Angular & NodeJS)
- Multiple years experience building and maintaining websites / web applications.
- Working knowledge of Python & CoffeeScript
- For rapid development on prototyping & passion projects, I enjoy using the PHVN stack (PouchDB, Hapi, Vue.js, NodeJS)
Explore my professional history and get to know the companies I worked at and the roles and responsibilities I've been assigned.
YouTube has an endless supply of talks on Front End Engineering. I typically start or end my day watching a talk on anything relevant to the industry.
Take a look at a few of my favorite projects I’ve started or been a part of during the course of my career.
Lead UI developer at domino.com.
A web-based recovery program for those suffering from addiction.
Video Game Launcher
- Worked closely with the marketing and design team to create and update the Domino mobile and desktop website.
- Architectured UI components with LESS
- Convert design mockups into web application features
Hear what some of my clients and colleagues have to say about me after working together on various projects throughout my career.
"Simon is great to work with! He extremely knowledgeable, dependable, always willing to lend a helping hand, and he gets the job done fast, and done right, every time!"
"Simon and I worked together on a large project on a daily basis back in Clevertech. He's proven to be an avid, knowledgeable front-end developer with a keen eye for design, and a pretty damn good taste in indie games. I'd be excited to work with him again, and thus I'd absolutely recommend him to any teams looking for great assets."
“Habits can be hard to break. One of my worst is pushing through a days work without taking any breaks while assuming that more work = more productivity. However, this couldn't be further from the truth. Many studies show that focused work intervals combined with frequent breaks will amount to greater productivity...”
Get in touch with me if you would like to do business together, share an idea or just say hello.